Foster’s Funeral Directors has launched a Christmas appeal for local Women’s aid charities. The appeal aims to provide support and resources for women and children who have suffered from domestic abuse.
These local women’s aid charities provide a confidential service offering vital information, temporary accommodation and support for their recovery. These women often had to leave their domestic lives quickly, so they had little or no possessions. Many have children and babies, making the situation even harder.
Nick McLaughlin, Managing Director at Fosters, said they had witnessed first-hand the devastating impact of domestic violence on families and wanted to do something to help. “We want to make a difference in our community,” Nick said. “We know that the holiday season can be particularly challenging for women and children in difficult situations, and we wanted to show them that they’re not alone.”
The appeal is calling for donations of the following NEW and UNUSED items such as:
|For the Women||For the Children|
|Toothbrush & toothpaste||Toothbrush & toothpaste|
|Soap & body wash||Crayons (unused)|
|Shampoo & conditioner||Sticker books|
|Food shopping gift vouchers (e.g. M&S or Tesco)||Day out gift vouchers (e.g. Intu/Soar, Pizza Express)|
All will be distributed to local Women’s aid charities this Christmas listed below. Those not near a Fosters branch to hand in their donations can give money via the specially set up Just Giving page instead.
This campaign follows the success of the Easter appeal that provided over 500 Easter Eggs to vulnerable children in 5 local communities, and with the support of the community and local business, the aim is that the Christmas appeal can do the same.
Head of Communications, Stephen Berry, said, “We’re thrilled with the response so far. It’s heartening to see so many people coming together to support this cause, and I hope the appeal will make a big difference in the lives of these women and children.”
The appeal will run until Christmas Eve, and anyone who wishes to donate can drop off items at Foster’s Funeral Directors (find your local funeral director) during business hours or donate via the specially set up JustGiving page. All money donated will be split evenly between the named Womens Aid organisations below:
- Clackmannanshire WA http://www.clackswomensaid.org.uk/
- Clydebank WA http://www.clydebankwomensaid.co.uk/
- East Ayrshire WA https://www.eastayrshirewomensaid.org.uk/
- Edinburgh WA http://edinwomensaid.co.uk/
- Fife WA http://www.fifewomensaid.org.uk/
- Glasgow East WA http://www.gewa.org.uk/
- Glasgow WA http://www.glasgowwomensaid.org.uk/
- Inverclyde WA http://www.inverclydewomensaid.co.uk/
- Monklands WA http://www.monklandwomensaid.co.uk
- Motherwell District WA https://motherwell-district-womens-aid.business.site/
- North Lanarkshire WA http://nlwaid.com/
- Perth WA http://www.perthwomensaid.org.uk/
- S Lan & E Ren WA http://www.wasl.org.uk/
- South Ayrshire WA http://southayrshirewomensaid.org.uk/
- Stirling WA https://www.stirlingwomensaid.co.uk/
- West Lothian WA https://www.wlwa.org.uk